(PROMOTING TRANSPARENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN STATE BUDGET MANAGEMENT)
The BTAP Coalition is established to explore, pilot and promote the implementation of effective models gearing to transparency, accountability, and citizen participation in state budget management, contributing to active changes and development of the country.
The Coalition honors these following Core value:
- Promoting democracy and equal roles of various parties of the Coalition
- Developing and implementing programs and activities on the basis of consensus and cooperation between members and between members and partners and communities
- Encouraging the diversity of programs, members, partners and beneficiaries.
- Operating in the will of transparency, and accountability to coalition members and related parties.
BTAP Coalition contributes all effort to become the most reliable expertise in budget transparency and accountability through cooperation, research, pilot implementation and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of state budget management.
To this end, BTAP Coalition prioritizes the following strategies
- Organize public awareness raising campaigns/programs on rights and responsibilities of citizen in state budget management;
- Conduct pilot implementation of BTAP initiatives in Hòa Bình and Quảng Trị and other provinces on enhancing the oversight role the People’s Councils and mass organizations and developing the capacity and promoting active participation of citizen in budget management;
- Providing recommendations on changes of ineffective policies and regulations at national and provincial levels in order to promote the practices of BTAP, using the evidence from pilot programs in Hoa Binh, Quang Tri and other provinces;
- Cooperating with international experts and organizations, engaging in international and regional BTAP initiatives including OBI, Citizen Budget, social audit tools; and participating in international networks and forums for learning and sharing expertise and experience globally.
Address: Tầng 16, 169 Nguyen Ngoc Vu Str., Trung Hoa ward, Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi.
Tel: +84 4 3538 0100 | Fax: +84 4 3537 7479 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org